Junk Removal FAQs
Click Here To Call Us Today!
Q: Is Main Line Junk licensed and insured?
A: Yes, our trucks and employees are fully licensed and insured in Pennsylvania. Our trained and uniformed team is ready for any removal project you have.
Q: What size is your truck?
A: We operate a 14 cubic yard dump truck, the dimensions of the truck are 14’L x 7’W x 4’H. One of our trucks can fit the contents of an average one bedroom apartment.
Q: How far in advance should I book my appointment?
A: The more notice the better as our daily schedules fill up quickly. If you need immediate service call us at 610-757-5272 and talk with one of our representatives. We can typically adjust our schedule to accommodate same day or next day service. We pride ourselves on our fast response times!
Q: Why are appointments booked in two-hour time slots?
A: This allows our team to deal with unforeseen circumstances, such as traffic or jobs that were smaller or larger than expected. Our team will contact you 15 to 30 minutes before your appointment time and provide a more accurate time of arrival. Our goal is to hit our planned arrival window 100% of the time, but we want to be realistic with expectations as well.
Q: Who is the typical Main Line Junk Customer
- Home owners. From one item to a full house clean out, we can handle jobs of any size!
- Landlords. Let us help shorten your turnover time. We can clear out any items left behind by a tenant, most times the same day you call.
- Realtors. Looking to declutter a home prior to listing? We have you covered. Did the seller leave items behind and now your buyer has to deal with it? Give us a call, we will be out to haul everything away.
- People with busy schedules. look to donate used items, but just don’t have the time. We work closely with many donation centers, we will send you the donation slip once the drop off is completed.
- Estate / Trust Attorneys. In the unfortunate event of an estate sale, we can assist families and legal professionals in preparing a home for a sale or move.
- Probate Attorneys. Sometimes a separation scenario may require the services of a company that can handle junk removal and moving services.
Book Now Today! today and find out how we can help you!
Q: What are the most common items picked up?
A: We do our best to remove all requested items. The most common items that are removed on a daily basis are listed below. Contact one of our representatives today if you have any questions about whether or not we can remove an item. Our crews can also perform a site visit and provide on the spot pricing and removal.
- General Household Furniture
- A/C’s & Refrigerators – please note there is an additional charge for items containing freon.
- Trash and Garbage
- Office Furniture
- Computers & TV’s
- Kids Toys
- Swing Sets
- Yard Waste
- Used Boxes
- Tires – please note there is an additional charge for tire removal.
- Lumber & Drywall
- Mattresses & Box Springs
- Carpet/Floor Covering
- Cabinets & Shelving
Q: Do I have to be home to meet the crew?
A: We understand our customers are busy and can’t always be home to meet our crews. Because of this, we’ve introduced zero touch junk removal to make the process as easy as possible. Just leave all of the items out in your driveway or street for us to collect and we’ll handle the rest! When we arrive at your home, we’ll send before and after pictures and collect payment remotely as well.
Q: Where do you take my items?
A: Our goal is to put as little as possible into landfills from our junk hauling services. We take the time to sort items and determine the best way to dispose of them. Over the years we have grown a strong network of recycling, donation, and alternative vendors that help us divert items from landfills. If we can’t find a way to recycle or repurpose an item then it heads to the landfill to be disposed of properly.
Q: What forms of payment do you accept?
A: We accept cash, check, Venmo & credit cards. (Please note: there is a 3% convenience fee for all credit/debit card transactions)
Q: Should I tip my junk haulers?
A: Tipping is not required, however it is certainly appreciated. If the crew does an awesome job, you may want to consider tipping them 15-20% of the cost of the job!